Scholarships Available to Wisconsin Teachers
The George Washington Teacher Institute will host six summer residential programs that feature access to George Washington scholars, the Mount Vernon estate, and primary and secondary sources.
The featured programs are:
- Martha Washington and the Women of the 18thCentury (June 12 – 16);
- Slavery in George Washington’s World (June 19 – 23);
- The Great Experiment: George Washington and the Founding of the U.S. Government (July 10 – 14);
- First in Business: Washington, Mount Vernon, and the New Nation (July 17 – 21);
- Washington at War: From Soldier to Commander in Chief (July 31 – August 4);
- Leadership and Legacy: Lessons from George Washington (August 7 – 11).
Each week features a lead scholar that drives the content and works closely with each participant.
In the fall, the Institute will conduct a Leadership and Legacy week, Nov. 8 – 11, 2018.
Full scholarships are available to all current Kindergarten through Grade 12 teachers who are teaching U.S. students. Full scholarships, including travel stipends, are available for applicants in Wisconsin.
The application deadline is January 29, 2018.